Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring Gift Idea

As you probably have already noticed I love to send in a little something for Wynn's teachers every once in a while. Being a former teacher myself I know how stressful the year can get especially as we approach spring break. Wynn and I went to Target together and picked out a few goodies to share.


These adorable baskets are available in the Dollar Spot for $3. They had a few different colors. Wynn mentioned that her teacher said how much she loves Peeps. So, Wynn picked out a box of yellow chicks for her. We added a simple chalkboard label tag to all the gifts, and I purchased a package of them from Michaels. I wrote the names with chalkboard markers so they would not smear.


We also picked up some burlap bags for the teacher assistants in the Target Dollar Spot and they were a dollar each. We filled them with some end of the aisle clearance plain note cards. I took them out of the packaging and tied this with a ribbon. Then we also added a white chocolate egg we found for a buck in the Easter candy aisle.  The gifts cost around $4 to make for each teacher. Wynn has four teachers, and so this was a pretty cost effective way to send a little thanks.  Here is a little shot of all the chalkboard tags together before we assembled the gifts.



I had some paper flowers that I had gotten in the Michaels dollar aisle last year, and I know they still have them in there now. I hot glued a little flower to the front of each bag to add a little bit of something to it.


Hope you liked this idea! This is a little something that can be given to anyone!

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable. Those preschool teachers are going to love it and...Wynn's kindergarten teacher is going to LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)