Monday, November 18, 2013

Wooden Advent Calendar by Mellywood's Mansion


Hi Guys,

I'm Mel from Mellywood's Mansion and I'm so excited to be here baby sitting at Our Pinteresting Family today, while Megan and Rob are busy welcoming the twins. As a mother of 5 I think I'm busy, however, I think a 2 for 1 baby arrival would have me beat!

Anyway given that they love all things Pinterest I thought I would make one of my pins a reality. I have seen these wooden advents all over the place and every year I swear I will make one. By the first of December, it goes on the "to do" list for the following year, actually that list should be renamed "the things I pretend I am going to do" list since it seems to grow longer all the time.


So I did go out and buy one of those wooden kits, first thing I will say, the instructions on putting them together aren't great, in fact they're kind of non existent, so try putting it together before painting just to see how it all sits.





Then I painted it in a lovely Christmassy red colour.


Searched Google for some vintage pictures for the main display. I'm not a die hard vintage person but I love vintage style Christmas Cards. Chose a graphic, printed it and stuck it on.


Then I chose a range of different scrapbook papers and stuck them onto the advent boxes and finally ticked wooden advent off that list!


Last year I made this adorable (self praise...very reliable!) bottle cap advent for my daughter, which you can see here.


Or for some Christmas Decor you can see my Santa Boot Centerpiece here


Thanks to Megan and Rob for letting me babysit here today and thanks to all of you for reading. I would love for you guys to come visit me at the Mansion or follow at any of the below places.

Mel xo

I'd Be Delighted If You Followed Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

19 comments:

  1. Love that graphic. I am also not a huge die hard vintage person, but at Christmas, well, gotta love vintage Santa. My favorite book is Twas the Night Before Christmas, and I purposely bought a copy of it that was vintage-y because it reminded me of the book my Grandparents had, with the Santa puffing away on his pipe. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! Where did you get that awesome wooden advent Mel? I want one. The vintage image is adorable, the scrapbook paper is perfect, and the red paint tops it all off. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I got it from Kaisercraft but you can get them online at Amazon

      Delete
  3. I love the boot, but the wooden advent is AWESOME. Pinned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Your advent calendars are all so well done. I love the vintage feel of this one. Bright, colorful and fun. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this advent calendar! That gorgeous image in the center of the calendar is too awesome - I love vintage Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel is such a rock star!! I love that she used a vintage picture for this fabulous project! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a ton of pinterest projects that I haven't done yet! That Santa Boot is so very awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen these Advent Calendars all over Pinterest, glad to see one in the makings. Love the vintage touches and paper. Very cute and Christmassy! I love the bright colors on the bottle cap calendar, and of course, then there's the BOOT!! Great projects from Mel!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel always makes the coolest Advent calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is so adorable!! I need to do this. Thank you so much for the idea and tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems Cindy I like that it can be used every year :)

      Delete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)