Monday, August 19, 2013

Sweet Little Desk Chair

This is Wynn's desk chair that got a little makeover this weekend. I am so excited that I was able to shop my own house to come up with something for her desk that would fit properly.
This chair was my mother's chair when she was a toddler to elementary age. It was in need of a lot of work. I remember this chair sitting in my basement when I was a child, and I think at some point my parents wanted to fix it up.  Alas some thirty years later it was still sitting in the same sad condition. I took the chair home and used it for a few birthday parties for Wynn after I had dressed the chair up a bit.

I moved the blue desk I refinished last year into Wynn's room, but it obviously had no seat with it.  I was searching out Craigslist and the internet for weeks trying to find something.   I then  realized that I could have Rob cut down the chair in our basement to fit under her desk instead. I was so happy to think of this because it was getting difficult to find something to fit in the narrow opening the desk had.

Turns out after cutting off about four inches off the legs it fit perfectly! Rob painted it an off white color leftover from another project.

I stapled some foam and some scrap fabric with a coral pattern onto the chair and it was ready to go.
I placed it in Wynn's room as soon as she was done her rest time, and she sat done right away and started to color. She turned to me and let me know that it was just perfect and she loved it.
I have not forgotten what I would like to work on in her room. But, as I have said in previous posts things are all kind of getting done all at  one time right now. No specific room is the focus so I'm sharing the projects in a disorderly fashion that's for sure. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday Funday Party
Skip To My Lou
Thrifty Decor Chick

Tuesday
Elizabeth & Co
The DIY Dreamer
Not Just a Housewife

Wednesday
Creative Link Party
We Like To Learn As We Go


Thursday
A Glimpse Inside
Friday

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation. I love that fabric... gorgeous. It's like a whole new chair!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cute! and so nice to have a history to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair came out lovely, that fabric is so pretty, how nice that not only does she get a beautiful chair but one that was her grandmothers

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet! love the fabric and love the desk, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why to think outside of the box. I love that you used a chair that has family history, that you gave it a beautiful modern makeover and that you came up with a brilliant idea to make it work. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the chair's gorgeous! Such a great functional piece too to keep in the family. I have a feeling Wynn's going to want to hold on to that chair for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fabric choice! And all the more special that the chair holds family memories! Nicely done Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a gorgeous transformation! I have some pillow covers made out of the same fabric, I love it! How nice that you could re-purposed a piece of family history to fit in with the pretty desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I love chair makeovers and this one doesn't disappoint. I also meant to tell you before that I absolutely adore the name Wynn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty! And the fact that it has some family history even better! I think you are allowed some ADD decorating my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you transformed something you already owned - and that zebra rug is too cute!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cut the legs off of something once and it worked out just fine. :) Love that sweet chair and that last photo is even sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! I have a couple similar chairs I need to do something similar with! I'm visiting from Mel's party. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect for the desk - love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that the chair has sentimental meaning to it! Just lovely - the chair and sentiment!
    Xoxo Becca

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)