Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nautical Bridal Shower


My friends and I hosted a nautical themed bridal shower for our friend, Emily. The first thing I would love to share is this awesome chalkboard that my friend Jessica did! She did this all with chalkboard markers, and this is a chalkboard she already has in her family room. She created this especially for their honeymoon adventures in Spain.

These beautiful flowers came from Potomac Wholesale Floral Market and they were gorgeous.  Jessica wrapped vases from the Dollar Tree in burlap and then rope to give a nautical feel. Then she used chevron table runners that she picked up from the Sassy Steals daily deal site to  dress up the table a little more.
My friend, Christine, picked up plates and napkins from Target in teal, navy and pink that looked great on the tables.

She also wrapped up the napkins and utensils with twine and a lifesaver.  They were a huge hit!

Jessica made these adorable mason jar glasses for the party as well. She used scrapbook paper to cut out sails to write the names of the guests on.  Then she attached the sails to some chevron straws. As an additional touch she tied some rope around the rim of the jars.
This cake stole the show at the party. My friend Jessica is talented beyond words. She created a little clay sail boat with a replica of the couple's dog, Charlie.  The cake was a four layer lemon cake that was absolutely delicious too.

For the dessert table I created a sign using the foam board from Wynn's party, some leftover ribbon and some cutouts from my Silhouette machine on scrapbook paper. 

I created a message in the bottle activity for everyone to fill out a slip of paper to share their well wishes or advice with the bride.  I took an envelope and cut it open across the side to create a pocket for the slips of paper. Then I added some magnetic strips to the back of the envelope and attached it to a Dollar Tree cookie sheet.  The bottle I used came from Michaels. This bottle was filled up at the end of the shower. I am sure the bride to be enjoyed reading the little notes.

 Carolyn made these sweet favors using some salt water taffy and some labels she ordered off of Etsy.

Carolyn's sister Emily put together this really fun wine basket gift for the bride. She purchased tags from Etsy for each of the events that would happen as newlyweds. Here are some of the tags she added.



The shower was a huge success and my friend had a wonderful time. I love how all of my friends and I have planned so many parties as of late that we do not even really plan them anymore. We literally spend an hour thinking about food and who is doing what, and then we show up with things to decorate. We put this together in about 45 minutes max the day of the event! I am excited to plan our next party together. Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

  1. so fun! i love the chalkboard art and the cake so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just one creative idea after another! That is one darn cute cake and I love all things lemon - yum! The chalkboard is a work of art and the lifesavers on the napkins - genius! I bet it was a fun shower! Best wishes to Emily and Derek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fabulous party! The napkins rings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lifesavers and twine - adorable! Best wishes to the bride and groom!
    ML
    thriftfortoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable party!! And what great collaboration. Nice job, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful party! I want to be friends with all of you. You worked so well together and planned everything so beautifully. I am off to pin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This party is darling! I would love for you to share it with "I Gotta Try That"
    Hugs,
    Marcie
    http://bit.ly/184slvV

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous party, I bet the bride was thrilled. Your friend Jessica should blog, very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You guys have got the party thing down! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything was just perfect!!!

    Love how it turned out!
    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUper cute ideas! What a fun bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Tuesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)