Monday, July 15, 2013

Master Bedroom in Progress

The most ignored room in our home is our master bedroom. Rob had made an upholstered headboard for the room last year, but that was pretty much the only attention it got. It was a plain beige color that did absolutely nothing for the space. We chose to use Sherwin Williams Anonymous Gray as the main wall color behind our headboard. Then used their Amazing Gray color on the other three walls.


Here is what it looks like now that everything has been freshly painted. Rob even did the ceilings, which we are guessing have not been touched since the house was built.  He has been a real trooper doing so many painting projects while I get to avoid them in my current state.

Here is the same space last year with no personality on the walls. I think it looks so much better with the new paint color.  Next up is finding some new bedding.



I picked up two of these Threshold frames at Target for $30 to hang above the headboard. I plan on sticking some black in white photos in them as soon as I order Wynn's from Snapfish, and then the other can hold a photo of the new additions when they arrive.

I got this mercury glass ball curtain road for our one window. I'm going to use Ikea curtains that I picked up on a recent trip for the room. I had Rob measure out about twenty inches on either side of our only window to make it appear larger. I will be sure to get a picture of that soon. 




This mirror was a Home Goods find that I purchased before I found the frames at Target. I think the metal colors match pretty well, and it will go up on one of the walls shortly. I on the look out for other wall decor ideas since I have two others to think about. It certainly is some progress from our point of view. I am no decorator by any means, but I feel like the paint makes a huge difference already.

Hopefully I will be able to share more progress on this space soon. Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. I love it!! Great paint colors and love the mirror. When are you guys expecting new additions?? Need to catch up soon. ~Amanda (from TD&A )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is coming along beautifully Megan! The change in wall color makes a huge difference. And you've found some great accessories. It looks fresh and sophisticated! ... Stay cool this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love accent walls, especially on the headboard wall of a bedroom. That mirror is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great so far. Our master is the most ignored too. I love the colors you went with. They are warm and cozy. Feels very adult. But not adult in the rated R version of adult :). Adult like chic and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good makeover. I have a few I need to tackle but they never seem to get done. (So I will just live vicariously through you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think master bedrooms always get ignored. I'm actually planning on updating ours too. I'm working on a mood board now. Anyway, I love the new wall colors and the accessories. I can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love the choices of gray you used. I have threshold products around my home too. Can't wait to see the full reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely colour scheme, it's going to be gorgeous when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the brighter look! Over the weekend I was also painting my bedroom, I too chose a light grey :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dramatic grey accent wall. Looks great! The master bedroom always seems like the last one to get any attention - ours is in desperate need of some decor. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Things are coming along nicely! What a great color for a bedroom. Where are you looking for bedding? I feel like I've seen some nice ones lately.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. the colors are beautiful! great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colors! I'm getting up my nerve to work on my black and white bedroom some more. I found some great bedding on Overstock.com and keep telling myself that I can't put it on the bed until I at least paint my headboard. I'll enjoy watching your progress Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The paint looks fantastic and your accessories are really going to add some life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that amazing gray color! looking fabubulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh I finally made it here to comment - it only took me a few days ;) I've been meaning to tell you how awesome the room looks now! I love this shade of gray you all picked...it complements the room beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)