Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Banner for the Nursery

I was searching for something to place above the ledges that Rob had built for the books in the nursery. My first thought was to purchase or make wooden letters or maybe a vinyl word. I remembered I had picked up some gray fabric a few months back at Jo-Ann's with no particular project in mind and I could make a banner.

I ironed out the fabric, and then cut it into four banner pieces. I also then cut out white vinyl adhesive letters on my cameo machine. I like that I was able to have this banner put together in only a few minutes. I attached the banner pieces to some pom pom ribbon I had from Christmas with a glue gun.  I used small wire brads and hammered the banner in place. The brads are hidden in the two poms at the end.



I really like how simple it looks with the shelves we have for all the board books we have accumulated with Wynn.



Thanks so much for stopping by to see a small project in the nursery. I have a few more ideas up my sleeve for the room, and then I think we will be finished with the room. Anyone want to come over to help assemble two cribs?  This project cost around $2 dollars for the fabric and the rest were materials I already had.

17 comments:

  1. That is precious! And I love it above the books. Help with TWO cribs? Been there done that....I'll pass :)
    When are you due again? How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but so lovely, it's shaping up into a beautiful room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to come help put the cribs together and see this adorable room in person. The banner is perfect. I love the fabric you used. Make sure to add some DIY books to those shelves, get those boys started early :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so darn cute! It adds the perfect touch, and I love the color scheme for the room.
    "Checking books out of the library",that must make you smile every time! Thanks for sharing:) Di {CookTheTV}

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really sweet banner Megan - just perfect over the cute book shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the fabric and the pom poms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! It has been awhile since I've taken out my Silhouette but you always inspire me to make something new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the banner :) And those book ledges are super cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The banner is adorable Megan. Love that you hung it above the book ledges. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is just perfect! What a great addition to the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this banner is adorable and looks great above the shelf! You've given me an idea and thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The banner is adorable and great minds think alike bc I also considered something similiar to hang above our book ledges in the nursery before I found some name blocks. My banner wouldn't have come out 1/2 as cute as yours though!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this little detail
    Kim@reposhture

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww. really cute!! i love pom pom trim!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really cute! thanks for the comment on my blog a few days ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea! We are doing a series at our blog http://phatquartersblog.blogspot.com for the next year highlighting banners/buntings. we would love ti have you come visit. Maybe we could tempt you to share this post with us and or readers!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)