Thursday, May 23, 2013

Patriotic Mantel

I had not really done much with the mantel since Easter and decided it needed a sprucing up.  I took my Cupcake Liner Wreath and hung it in place. Then I went through stuff I already had to add to the mantel.


I put together an empty white frame, a leftover cardboard star and two paper favor bags to create a little piece of artwork.  It was quick and easy. I think I'm going to look at paper favor bags in a whole new way now. I always seem to have a couple extra after each party.  I also added a cute little lantern from Ikea with it on the mantel. It has little star cut outs in it, and so I thought it fit perfectly.



Using the paper cones from my various mantels before I wrapped them with some remaining cupcake liners. Then I placed them on top of tea light stands from the Dollar Tree. I also wrapped some jute twine around a Dollar Tree vase and adhered simple metallic stars to it, and you can see that with the trees in the first picture.

This mantel will surely last me through the beginning of July since there are so many patriotic holidays coming up.   Thanks so much for stopping by here today. I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend.






17 comments:

  1. Mantle is looking fab! You've got 6 weeks reprieve from mantles lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive, indeed! I must confess, I don't decorate much for Memorial Day or the 4th. I should really start to!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's amazing what you can do with cupcake liners! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous as always!!! I need to do some decorating, I just really have no desire at the moment. I'm sure it will kick in a few weeks after baby is here:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mantel is so stinkin' cute Megan!!

    xo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, I love your cupcake liner wreath -- it has almost limitless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see your mantel is still getting some love. This looks festive and patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wreath! Great patriot mantel :) and just in time for Memorial Day and the 4th after that..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantel looks great and I'm a little jealous that you are already prepared for the 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patriotic decor is some of my favorite! This is a great vignette (I'd just leave it up until the 4th...cuz I am lazy like that!). Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative! I love this! The perfect mantle for May through July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, Megan! My mantel is still holding decorations from Easter! :) Love the cupcake-liner wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice! The framed star is my favorite (simple and inexpensive, just my kind of project!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice mantel! I really like the patriotic wreath!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute!
    We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    Two Girls and a Party
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
    Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're going to have to get cracking on one for me (except Red and White version). LOVE IT!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality last week! Looking forward to partying with you again tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)