Saturday, November 24, 2012

Personalized Holiday Gift by Amy

I wanted to make something personalized and different for my mom and aunt as a Christmas gift this year. I went to Hobby Lobby (my new addiction) for inspiration and found these items.
I started by transferring the letteres to the jars and then hot gluing the jars to the candle sticks.
I also picked up two wooden knobs I spray painted black and then added ribbon.

I plan to add either candy or small ornament balls inside. I love how it turned out and you can add different decor inside the jar for different holidays.I bought the candle sticks on sale: the total project was under $30.

Thanks for stopping by

Amy!


Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Tuesday
Uncommon Designs
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Western Warmth
Saving 4 Six

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily

Saturday
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple 
Impatiently Crafty



15 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift idea Amy! I think your mom and aunt will be tickled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knobs on the top along with the ribbon add a perfect finishing touch. The monogram is a great way to add personalization. They will love it...unless they've already seen the blog and then, of course, they probably already do love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're like DIY Apothecary jars. Love it!

    I need to get myself to a Hobby Lobby one of these days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute. They could use them as candles too. I sure hope they don't read your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv these jars! I vote for filling them with candy! I'm your newest follower and I look forward to catching up on your older posts. Hope you can hop over for a visit to http:://altered-artworks.blogspot.com and say hello.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! They turned out really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy I love those! They look so classy and the wooden knobs on top really finish them off nicely! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I'd love it if you stopped by my blog and shared this on my linky party! http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2012/11/now-co-hosting-inspiration-spotlight.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute - such a great idea!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful, thanks for linking them up!
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/12/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat idea, Megan!!
    Thanks so much for linking up last week at The Humble Brag!!
    The Silhouette Cameo giveaway is still going strong and you can get MORE ENTRIES by signing up for link party email reminders, sharing the giveaway on FB with your readers, and linking up again. Hope to see you there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)