Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wicker Rocking Chair by Amy & Chris

My husband spotted a wicker chair in one the guest bedrooms at my grandmothers house and loved it. He loves rocking chairs and I knew I could update it to fit our style. My grandmother was gracious enough to give the chair to us!


Here is the before in typical grandmother style:

I had some extra black spray paint laying around and went to town, it needed about 2 coats. I purchased a cushion at Pier 1 on sale.

After....


The total cost of this project was $30 and Chris finally got his rocking chair!
Thanks for stopping by!

Amy & Chris


We enjoy linking up to:

Monday
Alderberry Hill
Etcetorize
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z

Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
Simply Done Wright
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
The Kurtz Corner

Wednesday
Polkadots on Parade
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma

Friday
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Raising Oranges
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello

Saturday
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple

10 comments:

  1. What a nice update! I especially love wicker rockers and that cushion is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with it! It looks so great! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing what some spray paint can do huh? THe possibilities are endless! I love how it turned out! Nice work.
    Stacia@ http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the power of paint! It looks great with that cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a transformation! Makes me want to paint something...I feel like nothing in the house is safe from me right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what a coat of spray paint can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! The cushion is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really good! Black is so classic.

    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an awesome makeover! Great update~love the black!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)